Pages

 photo img_03.jpg  photo img_04.jpg  photo img_06.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch." - James Beard


AOL Ad

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Quesadillas Made of Leftovers



Quesadillas are such an easy, satisfying meal.  I rarely think of them but they can usually be whipped up quickly from stuff on hand.  



For these ones we used leftover chicken.  I chopped up the cold chicken.


I added salsa, green onions, frozen corn and black beans and warmed it in a pan.  You can even warm it in the microwave to save dishes.  


I used whole wheat tortillas.  I placed one tortilla in a dry pan (you can spray the pan with cooking spray if you prefer).  Then I added a thin layer of cheese to half the tortilla.  This is marble but Monterey jack is better if you have it.  


Then place a layer of the warm chicken mixture on top of the cheese.


I added some very ripe avocado on top as well, which was nice.  You can also serve it on the side.  Sprinkle a little more cheese over the top, then fold the tortilla in half so it is a closed half-moon.


I slice these into thirds with a pizza cutter and serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.  Add a green salad and there's a pretty easy dinner.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment