Pages

 photo img_03.jpg  photo img_04.jpg  photo img_06.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch." - James Beard


AOL Ad

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Chocolate Mint Chip Iced Cupcakes

I've showed you the cupcakes, then the pink vanilla icing, now I'll show you the chocolate mint chip icing that was a big hit!




I reserved half of the buttercream and added a few drops of mint extract and a few drops of green food colouring.  




I mixed it together by hand so I didn't have to clean the mixer twice, but you can use the mixer if you like.




Make sure the colour is solid, then add some mini chocolate chips.




Mix these in and then fill the piping bag. One challenge with this is finding a big enough tip.  I had to keep increasing the size as chocolate chips built up in the tip and clogged it. I finally had success with a really huge tip.  




These cupcakes turned out great and it was nice to have different colours  and flavours of icing.  They were a big hit. You can halve the recipes if you don't need over 80 cupcakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment