Pages

 photo img_03.jpg  photo img_04.jpg  photo img_06.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch." - James Beard


AOL Ad

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Single Serving Miracle Brownie

I don’t eat dessert often. My husband always says he’d rather have another serving of dinner than dessert and I sort of agree. After dinner I’m rarely in the mood for something sweet and if I am, I’d rather have a boozy coffee or cocktail than cake or pie. I do love to bake though, and if I’m having a dinner party I love to make a special sweet treat for the end, but with only two of us in the house it makes very little sense to spend time and effort on dessert when we don’t love it and don’t need the calories. 

That being said, I am a big fan of chocolate and I’m a fan of single serving desserts that take very little effort, so this little bite of magic is just perfect!



The first time I made it, I forgot the flour and ended up with a warm chocolate pudding that, while delicious, was by no means a brownie. I also used frozen yogurt because I had no regular yogurt and once I added the flour, it turned out beautifully.  

The next time I had normal yogurt but added a little too much coffee so it didn’t set up properly (as you can see in the picture) but it was still good.  All this to say this “recipe” is very forgiving and there’s no need to fear messing it up because with such small portions you can just start again.


In a small bowl or ramekin combine:
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1/16 teaspoon baking soda


Once combined, mix in:
1 tablespoon yogurt (fat free is fine)
1 tablespoon cold coffee



Stir to combine.
Then fold in 10 chocolate chips.



Microwave for 46 seconds on high then let cool for 10 minutes (that’s the hardest part).
You’ll end up with a rich, thick cake.  It is a miracle!



No comments:

Post a Comment